Moving home will inevitably become one of the most stressful times in your life. The amount of time, energy and effort that is required to successfully complete a move is truly staggering. Even with the help of the trusted Removals in Wrexham and the North Wales area, preparations for moving home can still be a daunting task.
But where do you start your preparations? If a friend or family member has recently moved home then the best place to start would be asking them to divulge their highs and lows to see if there are any mistakes you can avoid.
- First Things First – Write everything that you need to do in a list. Having a to-do list with things that need checking off will prevent the smaller things from being forgotten. This could be bank account details, driving licence or insurance details. All this information could all be jotted down in a single notebook or backed up onto a disc.
- Changing Utility Companies – Imagine moving into your new home only to realise you forgot to inform your utilities provider of your recent move. Make sure to arrange to have your metres read on the day of moving to drastically reduce the risk of service interruption.
- Change of Address – Contacting places like your doctor, vet, dentist and solicitor about your change of address in advance will save you a lot of potential and unnecessary stress further into your move.
- More is More – Having too much packing material is a far better situation to be in. If you total up the amount of boxes that you are going to need, add another 3 or 4 to that amount. There is always a guarantee that something has been forgotten about during packing preparations that you will need to accommodate for. Also, having various sized boxes will help with packing efficiently.
- Van Hire – Once you have the total number of boxes you need, you will easily be able to determine the size of the van that you will need to hire. You may find that you only need to hire a smaller van than you may have initially thought. Contact your nearest removals company to get an accurate price for van hire.
- Ask For Help – If you do decide to move everything yourself, do not hesitate to ask for help from your friends and family. Moving heavy boxes can be potentially damaging; to your prized possessions and most importantly to yourself. There is absolutely no shame in needing a hand from loved ones.
Being prepared and efficient when moving to a new home can make the whole process quicker and easier. Having undamaged furniture and hot running water to come home to will surely ease any stress or headaches that may occur.